According to Japanese blog, Macotakara, Apple’s next-generation iPad, the iPad 3, will sport the same dimensions as the current generation iPad, with the one exception that it will be thicker. For those following Apple’s design trends as of late, thicker is not the buzz word of the season which begs the question as to why the next-gen iPad will be thicker.
“According to Asian supplier which provides part for next iPad, next iPad has same size of screen, but case may be thicker by unknown reason. Current iPad cases, which covers backside, will not be compatible with thicker next iPad.
Also the source told, front rounding corner will be same with current iPad, then Smart Cover will be good companion with new iPad.”
Could its thickness be due to a larger battery, or could it have something to do with the rumored new displays, or do you think that Macotakara is just taking a shot in the dark here? Assuming that Apple keeps to their usual schedule of refreshing their products on a yearly cycle, we guess we will know the answer in the early part of 2012.
Next Story: Samsung U380 spotted at the FCC
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]