According to Japanese blog, Macotakara, Apple’s next-generation iPad, the iPad 3, will sport the same dimensions as the current generation iPad, with the one exception that it will be thicker. For those following Apple’s design trends as of late, thicker is not the buzz word of the season which begs the question as to why the next-gen iPad will be thicker.
“According to Asian supplier which provides part for next iPad, next iPad has same size of screen, but case may be thicker by unknown reason. Current iPad cases, which covers backside, will not be compatible with thicker next iPad.
Also the source told, front rounding corner will be same with current iPad, then Smart Cover will be good companion with new iPad.”
Could its thickness be due to a larger battery, or could it have something to do with the rumored new displays, or do you think that Macotakara is just taking a shot in the dark here? Assuming that Apple keeps to their usual schedule of refreshing their products on a yearly cycle, we guess we will know the answer in the early part of 2012.RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Reportedly Turns To Samsung For iPad Mini Retina Display Production
- New iPad Mini Shortages Could Be Attributed To Sharp's Low Yield Of Displays [Rumor]
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, ipad 3,
- Seen at: macrumors