As of right now, the only way you will be able to enjoy Siri, the versatile voice-powered assistant from Apple, is through the iPhone 4S smartphone, but how about iPhone 4 owners? Well, they will be able to enjoy Siri functionality as well, thanks to a Spire “hack” – which will be able to download Siri by itself from Apple. This particular hack was delivered by a hacker known as “chpwn”.
Spire is not the complete solution though, as Apple will still need authorization before you are able to use Siri, hence you will still need information from an iPhone 4S before you get started. Before providing this information, Spire enables you to enter your own proxy server address. According to “chpwn”, “Spire uses a new method to obtain the files necessary for Siri, so it doesn’t have the copyright issues encountered by previous attempts. Similarly, rather than directing all traffic through a specific proxy server (and the associated privacy issues), Spire allows you to specify your own proxy server.” I wonder whether Apple will do anything to prevent such hacks from happening in the future.
- 2014-04-09 CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-03 Apple Acquires Novauris Technologies To Help Improve Siri
- 2014-03-05 Siri Hacked, Plays Nice With 3rd Party Apps
- 2014-03-05 Siri Could Be Opened Up To Third Party Developers
- 2014-02-24 Apple Files Lawsuit Against China's Patent Office And Chinese Company Over Siri
- 2013-03-27 Apple Sued For Patent Infringement With Siri
- 2012-10-30 Siri dishes out prostitute advice in China no longer
- 2012-09-24 Siri shows incorrect weather forecasts for New Yorkers
- 2012-09-11 Adam Cheyer, Siri’s co-creator bids Apple adieu
- 2012-06-05 Siri API to be introduced at WWDC 2012 on June 11?