The Lenovo ThinkPad X130e has gotten official, where this classroom-ready notebook is the first of its kind to be marketed under the ThinkPad name, complete with the customary red pointing stick. I remember back in the days when notebooks were super expensive, and TIE Fighter was all the rage back then. Well, trying to shoot an X-Wing down can be really difficult with a mouse especially when they fly circles around your aged TIE Fighter, which is where the pointing stick comes in handy. The Lenovo ThinkPad X130e will come with a rubber bumper that goes around the plastic chassis, not to mention a thicker bezel that is shielded by 1.2mm of plastic.
Apart from that, did we mention that this bad boy comes with recessed, reinforced ports, in addition to an accelerometer that is in place so that the hard drive will park its head somewhere safe when the Lenovo ThinkPad X130e experiences a drop to the ground? Having said that, this is no spring chicken in terms of weight, it tips the scales at 3.9 pounds, and will come in Intel Core i3-2367M and AMD Fusion E-300 and E-450 flavors. Hitting the market five days before Christmas, the Lenovo ThinkPad X130e will retail for $469 a pop.
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-01-29: Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Delivers Rugged Computing Solution To Students
- 2013-11-20: Lenovo ThinkPad 8 Makes Its Way Through The FCC
- 2013-09-11: Lenovo Upgrading ThinkPad Series To Include Intel Haswell CPUs
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s And T440 Ultrabooks Unveiled
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 & S540