If you were looking forward to getting your hands on Lenovo’s brand new ultrabook, the U300s, the bad news is that unless you made your pre-order early, new orders for the ultrabook are now seeing a backorder of up to four weeks or more according to Lenovo’s website.
The good news is that this backorder only appears to have affected direct purchase through Lenovo’s website, so going to your brick and mortar retailers such as Best Buy could be an alternative, although we suggest giving them a call to check for availability before making the trip.
For those who might be shopping on a smaller budget, you might want to hold off on the U300s for now as it appears that only the premium Intel Core i7 configuration is available at $1,499. We had initially reported that the Lenovo U300s would be available in both Intel Core i5 and i7 configurations and in either an orange or gray finish, but it appears that neither the i5 configuration or the orange finish is available via Lenovo’s website at the moment.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-21 Uber Giveaway: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 8 and Mixx 2
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2013-05-21 Lenovo ThinkPad S3, S5 Leaks Show Aluminum-Cased Ultrabooks
- 2013-04-11 Lenovo ThinkPad Twist Review (S230U)
- 2012-08-08 Lenovo X1 Carbon Review
- 2012-04-25 Lenovo disses slow PCs with its new EE3 sofware
- 2011-09-01 Lenovo IdeaPad U300s - A Terrific Design