Back in CES 2010, LG unveiled the LG Magic Motion remote which was essentially a remote control with Wii-like capabilities. It basically allowed the user to make selections and browse through channels and menus with gestures as opposed to pressing buttons. Well if you were particularly enamored by 2010’s model, LG will have a new model for you come 2012.
The company has announced that come 2012, they will be refreshing the Magic Motion remote control. The core of the remote is still the same with the differences being in a new ergonomic design, voice recognition for text input, a scroll wheel along with “Magic Gestures”, whose full list of gestures remain unknown at this point.
The 2012 Magic Motion is expected to be made available in Q1 of 2012, so it’s safe to say that much like 2010’s model, the 2012 Magic Motion remote control could be on display/demonstration at CES 2012, so stay tuned for our coverage.
- 2013-09-05: Remotely Walk Your Dog
- 2013-05-16: Remote Controlled Turtle Raises Eyebrows
- 2013-01-01: RC Superman Spotted On The Coast Of California
- 2012-08-24: Remote control driven car from China
- 2012-07-11: Sonic Screwdriver Programmable TV Remote won't track aliens