The Motorola DROID BIONIC might be one of the most eagerly awaited phones of the year, but when it was finally released many user realized that the phone was plagued with problems. Well it looks like we can finally say goodbye to them as Verizon has announced that a massive bug-fixing update is on its way. The huge update is said to improve stability to avoid power cycles, a faster auto focus in the camera, better 3G/4G connectivity, support for up to 8 devices on hotspot, a fix for the phone powering itself back on when it is off and faster SIM card activation. Talk about massive!
The update is said to be 54.5MB in size, so make sure you’re home on WiFi or on 4G if you don’t want to waste time downloading the precious update. No word on when the update is going to be released, but look out for it in the next 1-2 weeks. In the meantime, head over to the source link to check out the full list of fixes. How many of you still have your DROID BIONIC and are waiting for this update?
Next Story: More Apple Campus 2 details revealed
- 2013-12-10 Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-12-22 Motorola DROID RAZR update rolling out today
- 2011-12-13 Motorola Droid Bionic major update rolling out now
- 2011-10-25 Motorola DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global receives Gingerbread
- 2011-10-20 Motorola Droid Bionic will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2011-09-09 DROID Bionic extended battery doesn't look too bad