The Meizu MX looks technically sound on paper, and with a following of their own, it wasn’t really a stretch to think that Meizu could be looking at tablets too. The Meizu tablet has often been talked about but never confirmed, at least not until recently where Meizu’s CEO Jack Wong apparently confirmed the existence of such a tablet.
The device has apparently been dubbed the Meizu mPad, and Jack Wong’s dream specifications for such a tablet back then was a tablet with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM and a 10” display. While he did not reveal or confirm any specs of the mPad, he did state that a Meizu tablet was indeed in the works.
Unfortunately it appears that the company is unable to release the tablet because they cannot afford to produce the mPad at a price that would prove to be competitive against Apple’s iPad 2. While it does appear to confirm the existence of such a tablet, if and when it will actually be produced remains to be seen for now.
Next Story: Windows 8 beta screenshots leaked
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2014-01-20: Meizu To Share European Expansion Details At MWC 2014