A few days ago, the Meizu MX was officially announced, and while it won’t be released until January 1st, 2012 – it looks like we’ll be able to get a quick preview of the phone thanks to the folks over at Engadget. Earlier today they got their hands on the device and posted a quick write up about the self-proclaimed “iPhone killer”. And judging by first impressions, the Meizu MX seems to be doing well, looking sleek and giving out a premium feel with its white crystal back casing.
The Meizu MX features a 1.4GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos 4210 processor, 1GB of RAM, a 4″ 960 x 640 ASV LCD display, an 8-megapixel camera, and a customized version of Android 2.3.5 called Flyme OS. Check out the hands on video after the break, and here’s to hoping we’ll see the device on this side of the world.
Next Story: Microsoft introduces Xbox LIVE iOS app
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2012-09-10: Meizu MX Review (Quad-core)
- 2011-12-27: Quad-core Meizu MX expected in May 2012?
- 2011-11-01: Meizu phones said to be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-08-15: Meizu MX revealed in more images
- 2011-08-11: Meizu MX: Which Quad-Core Chip Inside?