We’ve previously reported about Verizon’s upcoming Motorola Xyboard tablets’ leaked details, but there hasn’t been any official confirmation from the carrier before. Well, the folks over at CNET have reported that Verizon will be launching the tablets sometime this month. The carrier confirmed that the tablets will be available in two sizes – 10″ and 8″, and they will both feature LTE connectivity. These features were already known before, so we haven’t really learnt anything new except the December release date.
The tablets are thinner than the Xoom and will feature the same design cues as the DROID RAZR. Both tablets will feature a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, a 5-megapixel rear camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, and Corning Gorilla Glass to protect the display. The 10″ Xyboard will also feature a stylus as an alternative method to input data. No word on pricing, but expect an official announcement in the coming weeks.
Next Story: Google+ Hangout now makes calls too
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2011-12-08: Motorola DROID XYBOARD to go on sale tomorrow
- 2011-12-06: Motorola DROID XYBOARD and white DROID RAZR announced
- 2011-12-02: Motorola DROID Xyboard accessories start arriving in stores
- 2011-11-22: Motorola Xyboard Android tablet arriving on December 8th?
- 2011-11-18: Motorola DROID Xyboard headed to Verizon