Earlier we had reported that head of Netherrealm Studios, Ed Boon, announced that the company was putting the Mortal Kombat franchise on hold while it worked on other projects. Here we are several days later with some good news for fans of the fighting game. It seems that Ed Boon has tweeted in response to a fan that Mortal Kombat is not on hiatus. A bit odd given the previous announcement, but perhaps his earlier statement was not what he had meant to say.
It seems that while Netherrealm Studios is working on other games and projects, not just Mortal Kombat. Does that mean that DLC for the latest Mortal Kombat will still be put up for download or does that mean that we can expect a new Mortal Kombat game in the not-so-distant future? Either way for fans of the franchise, it looks like your favorite game is still alive and kicking for now.
- 2013-07-30: New Mortal Kombat Title In Development
- 2013-03-07: Boy Scouts Introducing Merit Badge For Game Design
- 2012-09-07: Next Mortal Kombat title expected to "innovate", could possibly be made for next-gen consoles
- 2012-05-01: Mortal Kombat for PS Vita Launched in US Today with New Trailer
- 2012-04-23: Mortal Kombat Vita to get exklusive klassic kostumes
- 2012-04-02: Mortal Kombat for Vita arriving May 1st