In the coming fortnight, owners of the Nokia Lumia 800 might want to sit up and take notice – there is a new software update which will be rolling out for said Windows Phone powered smartphone in countries where the handset has already made its debut. As with any other self-respecting update, this particular round will also see a bunch of performance and usability enhancements such as better charging, voicemail notification improvement, a better experience in replying to mail for Microsoft Exchange 2003 users, an improved display switching in bright light, improved audio quality, amongst others. Needless to say, not all will be on the receiving end of the update simultaneously, since the total number of downloads happening at the same time will be limited, but it ought to be delivered in all the initial launch countries before Christmas arrives. You will be able to download this software via Microsoft Zune, and rest assured, this is far from the last update since there is another one in the pipeline for an early 2012 release so that the inner workings of the phone will be enhanced further.
Next Story: Philips 3D HDTV requires no glasses
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2012-06-28: Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 get WiFi Hotspot feature in latest update
- 2011-12-02: Nokia Lumia 800 goes SIM-free in the UK
- 2011-11-25: Nokia claims next Windows Phone update will improve battery life
- 2011-11-10: Nokia Lumia 800 LTE version coming to the US?
- 2011-10-31: Nokia Lumia 800 unboxed