We all know that Windows Phone LTE devices will be arriving sometime in the future, but it looks like Nokia has already started working on them. According to reports online, some folks managed to dig up a Nokia diagnostics app in a Nokia Lumia 800, and discovered some interesting details. The app had features to test “LTE TX” and “LTE Band Lock”, with the latter containing options to test Band 4 and Band 17 – LTE bands that are being used by AT&T’s LTE network.
We’ve had rumors about the phone being tested on LTE networks in the past, so this comes as no surprise. But the presence of the app on Nokia Lumia phones could mean that they’ll be arriving sooner than we think. Stay tuned for more details.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2012-03-28: Nokia Lumia 800 to receive battery boost with latest update
- 2012-02-16: Nokia Lumia 800 Entertainment Bundle up for sale
- 2012-02-06: White Nokia Lumia 800 officially announced today
- 2012-02-06: White Lumia 800 teaser on Nokia's Facebook page
- 2011-11-07: Nokia Lumia 800 Review