Owners of Olympus’ PEN Micro Four Thirds camera system or the Lumix G will be pleased to know that Olympus has announced the launch of the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ lens, which is the equivalent of a 24-100mm lens on a 35mm camera. This will also be Olympus’ first fully-compatible interchangeable Micro Four Thirds lens that features an electronic motorized zoom of up to 4.2x.
With our digital cameras gaining the ability to record Full HD quality videos, it seems that Olympus has taken this into consideration with this particular lens. The lens has been enhanced with a linear motor that supposedly will provide smooth and quiet autofocusing that shouldn’t interfere with your recording.
The lens also features a macro shooting mode along with a button to disable autofocus when necessary, and couple that with the lens reportedly being both splash and dust proof, the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ lens is expect to launch by the end of January 2012 for ¥49,875 (~$640).
- Sony A7 & A7r Light Leaked Reportedly Caused By Mount Ring, Can Be Fixed
- Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- Nikon Announces Series Of Instructional Videos For The Budding Photographer
- Sony A77II Rumored For May Announcement
- Leica T Type 701 Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced on 24th April