Opera Software, most famous for their Opera browser, has just sent a shoutout all the way from Norway that their latest version of the Opera Internet browser, version 11.6, is now available and arrived “just in time for the festive season”, at least according to a company announcement. At point of publishing, Opera remains the fifth most popular browser in the world, clearly placing it behind Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple’s Safari. As of November 2011, Opera enjoys a 2.4% share of the worldwide market, with over 200 million downloads being claimed by Opera Software.
Some of the changes to Opera 11.6, or should I say improvements, include a revamped address field that paves the way for in-browser search suggestions, quicker access to favourites, a way to create bookmarks just like you would star an item in Google Chrome, a new browser engine that is touted to make browsing a whole lot faster and more efficient, an improved in-browser email, as well as refinements made to existing features.
Next Story: eLocity A7+ is up for sale
- 2014-03-12: Opera Mini 8 Offers Private Mode, Night Mode, New Looks
- 2014-02-21: Opera Sponsored Web Pass, For Ad-Supported Free Mobile Data
- 2014-02-18: Opera Max Aims To Compress Your App Data Usage
- 2014-01-28: Opera Mobile Store Surpasses 100 Million Visitors A Month
- 2013-12-17: Opera Max Beta App Launched For Android Users
- 2013-01-18: Opera Unveils New "Ice" Mobile Web Browser
- 2012-04-26: Opera 12 beta launched, ends support for Unite, Opera Widgets and Voice
- 2011-04-12: Opera 11.10 officially released, Turbo is fast
- 2011-04-07: Opera Mini hits 100 million monthly users
- 2011-03-17: Opera Barracuda beta released