Uh oh, it sure doesn’t look like a good holiday period for Razer. After announcing that its Razer Tiamat headphones were being delayed until January 2012, it looks like the company will have another delayed product as well. The Razer Blade gaming laptop that was promised to arrive in time for Christmas? It’s not going to be on time anymore. Razer’s CEO, Min-Liang Tan, recently posted a note on Facebook saying that they won’t be able to release the Razer Blade before the holidays.
Because of the company’s last minute decision to upgrade the HDD into an SSD, they weren’t able to secure quantities of the SSDs to arrive at their manufacturing facilities, which resulted in the laptops not being built in time. Razer expects the Razer Blade to only go on sale during mid to late January 2012. So it looks like all those Christmas stockings won’t be stuffed with killer gaming laptops from Razer this year. To make up for the delay, Tan announced that they will be giving away coupons for the Razer Orochi Blade Edition if you sign up for the notification list on the Razer Blade website. Anybody upset about this delay?
Next Story: Motorola DROID gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2014-03-24: Razer Struggling To Get OEMs Onboard With Project Christine
- 2014-03-18: Afrojack Delivers New Music App For Razer Blade Pro
- 2014-03-12: RAZER Blade Laptop Gets QHD Touch Display, New GPU
- 2014-03-06: Razer Unveils Green & Orange Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- 2014-02-25: Razer Blade Laptops Come In Limited Edition Koenigsegg Model
- 2013-06-04: 14-Inch Razer Blade Now Available For Pre-Order
- 2011-12-08: Razer Blade gaming laptop will be home for Christmas