RFID tags are normally used for identifying and tracking objects but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything else with them. Some modders have decided to turn this implement this technology in a more creative way – by creating the RFID Beat Box. All users have to do is place the color coded RFID tags into wooden bowls to trigger unique sounds and create music. Though it wasn’t clearly explained, it looks like the combination of different tags in the bowls make different types of sounds, which can be layered on top of each other to create a full song.
I can imagine this Beat Box being used at a live gig; it could definitely be something interesting to watch. Check out the video demonstration to see how these tags work – be prepared: seriously catchy beats ahead!
Next Story: HTC Desire running Ice Cream Sandwich (video)
- 2014-01-13 Hospital Linen Tagged Electronically To Prevent Unwanted Losses
- 2013-12-02 IBM Introduces RFID Enforced Hand Washing Technology
- 2013-09-26 Gun Box Helps Stow Away Your Firearms Safely
- 2013-08-26 Tattoo Visible To Smartphones
- 2013-01-20 Texas School Dismisses Student After Refusing To Wear RFID Chip