Roku has just announced that there will be a major update arriving for its range of Roku 2 players, including the Roku LT, and this new update will bring along with it a bunch of new features to boot. Of course, there will be minor and major improvements, where the two main changes introduced with this new update will include support for MKV playback, although there is no official word for local streaming channels just yet, with only USB playback being listed. Not only that, mobile support for an official Roku iPhone app has been slated as “coming soon”, but those who do not have the patience to wait can always check out unofficial versions that are already available across a slew of platforms.
3D game performance is also said to have been improved, where new titles are tipped to arrive in due time to take advantage of this new feature. Not only that, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, remote battery and audio performance will all see an increase in performance. Anyone given their compatible Roku boxes an upgrade already, and how do you find it so far?
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!