There has long been talks of a smaller and more compact iPad, specially an iPad in the 7.85” variety. Rumors have suggested that Apple was looking to build a smaller iPad in hopes to compete with smaller tablets like Amazon’s Kindle Fire and perhaps in an attempt to attract a larger market with tablets of different sizes.
Well it seems that rumors of such a tablet is still circulating the internet and thanks to a recent report by Digitimes, according to their sources, Apple will launching their 7.85”-sized iPad come Q4 of 2012. Allegedly Apple will be purchasing 7.85” display panels from LG Display and AU Optronics.
This seems to go against a proclamation by Apple’s late co-founder, Steve Jobs, who said that tablets in the 7” variety would feature a screen “too small to express the software”. Digitimes has a bit of a mixed record when it comes to Apple rumors, but like with all rumors, we suggest you treat this one with a degree of skepticism and take it with a grain of salt for now, at least until more concrete evidence starts to appear.
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued