Just yesterday we reported that due to overwhelming negative responses from their customers, Samsung announced that they would rethink their decision about not including the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S in their Android 4.0 upgrade plans. As it turns out, it looks like Samsung may be firm in their resolve to not bring Android 4.0 to said devices, but will instead offer a “Value Pack” to the Galaxy S (it is possible that the Galaxy Tab could receive the same treatment)
This is not confirmed yet but it is a move Samsung is reportedly thinking about. Basically what the Value Pack would entail would be several enhancements, such as improved web browsing, multi-tasking, new widgets, etc, but under the hood it would still run on Android Gingerbread 2.3. If this sounds familiar it’s because Samsung has tried something similar in the past with their Bada phones, the Wave 525 and 533, both of which did not get the Bada 2.0 update but instead received similar Value Packs that tried to offer the “same Bada 2.0 user experience”.
Undoubtedly many users will not be pleased by this piece of news, but Samsung has not confirmed anything just yet, so there might still be a sliver of hope that Samsung will somehow find a way to roll out Android 4.0 onto the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S devices. Until then keep your fingers (and probably your toes too, just for good measure) crossed!
Next Story: Airtight brings AirPlay to Google TV
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2013-05-17: Samsung Releases TecTiles 2 NFC Tags With Galaxy S4 Support For $15
- 2013-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S4 Commercials Highlights Hardware, Software
- 2013-01-14: Samsung Manages To Sell Over 100 Million Galaxy S Devices
- 2012-08-28: Samsung Galaxy S Android-powered camera could debut at IFA 2012
- 2012-05-13: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Review