We may have started the Christmas weekend off to some bad news, which was basically how Samsung announced that the Galaxy Tab and the Galaxy S would not be receiving the Android 4.0 update. Naturally there are still plenty of Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S owners out there who may have felt somewhat shortchanged based on this announcement, but if the reports are right, Samsung may be reconsidering their stance on bringing the Android 4.0 ICS update to their older devices.
This report has come from both ajnews and MSNBC in Korea which basically stated that Samsung heard the pleas and outcries from their users and are now attempting to find a workaround. For those unfamiliar, the original reason behind Samsung not bringing Android 4.0 onto the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S was not really because of hardware issues, but rather due to Samsung’s custom UI – TouchWiz.
While Samsung has yet to confirm this officially, it’s still pretty good news for those still running on the company’s 2010 Android offerings. Check back with us later to see if there is any update or an official word from Samsung regarding this matter.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Microsoft Approached Samsung And Huawei About Dual-Booting Windows Phone/Android Devices [Rumor]
- Next-Gen iPads And iPhones To Feature More Sapphire Crystal [Rumor]
- Nokia Tablet Rumored For End September Announcement, Phablet Pegged For November
- Follow: galaxy s, galaxy tab, Samsung,
- Seen at: phandroid