With Apple trying to get Samsung tablets banned in pretty much every country in the world, it looks like Samsung is going to fight back albeit in a different way. According to the folks at BGR who were fed information from a trust source, Samsung is said to be taking on Apple at its own game by releasing an Android tablet with a Retina-display resolution.
The tablet is touted to feature an 11.6″ display and will have an incredible 2560 x 1600 resolution with a 16:10 aspect ratio. It will also feature a dual-core Exynos 5250 CPU clocked at 2GHz and will be running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich. The tablet is also said to support Android Beam for easy syncing of media with a Galaxy Nexus, and will have a special wireless docking mode for gaming on HDTVs.
The tablet is expected to be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in February next year, which is only a few months away. Until it is officially confirmed, take this rumor with a pinch of salt, but what is your opinion on such a tablet? Would the high-res display, powerful processor and Ice Cream Sandwich be enough for you to choose it over the iPad?
Next Story: Twitter revamped in time for the New Year
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-04-09 Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2011-12-23 Galaxy Tab 8.9 unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the way
- 2011-11-07 T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus arriving next week
- 2011-09-30 Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus announced