Another day, another smartphone or tablet goes through the rigorous tests at the FCC. This time around, we have the Samsung SCH-R920 featured, where it will offer support for CDMA 800 and 1900 bands, in addition to the LTE 1700 band. Put two and two together, and you get bands which seem to point towards MetroPCS as the carrier of choice. We all know that MetroPCS is not one of the major carriers out there, but at least it is more or less confirmed that the SCH-R920 will be making its way to the Texas-based carrier in due time.
The model number SCH-R920 does seem to point it in the direction of being MetroPCS’ second LTE device, which comes after the SCH-R910. Does the SCH-R910 sound familiar to you? Well, that is because it is known as the Samsung Forte. Apart from that, the FCC filings do not reveal additional information concerning the SCH-R920 apart from the fact that it has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. An abbreviated user manual is also part of the FCC filings, although no images were available from the manual apart from a brief mention of the presence of softkeys and “4-way navigation.”
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day