If you’re all shopped out for the Christmas holidays, you may not have enough left to get yourself a new phone. However if this recent FCC filing of the Samsung U380 is what we think it is, you might be able to get yourself a brand new phone in the not-so-distant future, assuming of course that smartphones aren’t your thing and that you don’t really care too much about that.
As you can see in the photo above, the Samsung U380 appears to be a QWERTY slider phone with touch screen support. While its hardware specs remain a mystery for now, based on the FCC filing what we do know is that the phone will feature CDMA and EVDO in the 850/1900MHz bands, Bluetooth, a camera, a 3.5mm audio jack and microUSB support.
It seems unlikely that Android will be its operating system of choice, but like we said, if you’re shopping on a budget or want a cheap (potentially free phone on contract) for your kid, the Samsung U380 might be a phone you’ll want to keep an eye out for in the future on Verizon’s network, although no official word yet from either Samsung or the carrier.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- Google News For Android And iOS Gets A Makeover
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Gets Certified To Go On Sale In China
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Follow: budget, FCC, qwerty keyboard, Samsung, Verizon,
- Seen at: phonescoop