Microsoft has remained mum concerning Silverlight’s future, never mind that the platform had already hit version 5.0 in its full stride. This cross-platform is now ready and available for download, where one of the main attractions of the latest release would be hardware decoding of H.264 streams, improved Postscript printing as well as a superior graphics stack, complete with support for low-level 3D primitives. Plenty of people on the ground do wonder whether Microsoft will continue to keep Silverlight burning, but without any further confirmation from the software giant, we will just have to keep our fingers crossed and remain patient. In the mean time, you might want to give Silverlight 5.0 a download today, where it weighs no more than 7MB in size and takes under 10 seconds to install.
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Arrives For Mac
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-10: Chinese State Media Calls Microsoft Irresponsible For Ending Windows XP Support