The other day an early build of Android 4.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S2 was leaked which we advised users not to go ahead with the install unless they were really curious. Now the good news for Sony Ericsson Xperia owners is that the company has an alpha build of the Android 4.0 update and they are releasing it for public consumption.
However they did state on their website that this build is aimed at developers who may be looking at developing apps for the Xperia series of Android smartphones, and it is not recommended for the average consumer for daily use. As you can imagine with its alpha tag, the Android 4.0 ROM for Xperia phones will be somewhat limited in terms of features and functionality.
However if you’re interested in taking the ROM for a spin, head on down to Sony Ericsson’s website for the download link and instructions. In the meantime you can check out the video below of the Android 4.0 ROM being demonstrated on an Xperia smartphone.
As you guys may already be aware, Sony Ericsson has announced that they would be updating their 2011 series of Xperia smartphones to Android 4.0, so it’s good to see that progress is indeed being made.RELATED
- BBM Used For Customer Service In The Middle East
- Nokia Lumia 1320 Spotted At The FCC
- Android 4.3 Roll Out For International Galaxy S3 Resumes
- Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Follow: alpha, android 4.0, sony ericsson, xperia,
- Seen at: developer.sonyericsson