I know that we have covered rugged handsets in the past, but it is nice to see a mainstream phone which has not been advertised to be a tough phone being subjected to different kinds of abuse, and yet coming out functional, albeit looking worse for the wear. The Sony Ericsson Xperia active was recently revealed to be a rugged smartphone for mainstream users, sporting water- and dust-resistance in addition to wet finger tracking technology, and YouTube user crimi8787 decided to put the Xperia active to the test through a battery of abuses that would have spelled the end of lesser phones a long time ago. Among the videos that you can view after the jump include him stabbing the display with a Stanley knife and screwdriver, running a Jeep over the Xperia active and bashing it with a wrench and hammer. Grisly stuff!
Next Story: Google Currents updated
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones