When Sony Ericsson didn’t think that consumers would care about operating system updates when it first introduced its Xperia devices quite awhile ago, it made a big mistake. Fortunately for the company, it figured out what went wrong and worked hard to rectify the situation. Now, Sony Ericsson’s Xperia devices are consistently being updated, with all its latest smartphones running on Android Gingerbread.
And it looks like the Xperia arc and Xperia neo could be one of the first devices to receive an official Ice Cream Sandwich. According to reports online, Sony Ericsson has already submitted the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for those phones to the PTCRB – a company that tests and certifies wireless devices. This means that there’s a chance we’ll be seeing the official Ice Cream Sandwich updates for those Xperia phones being pushed out as early as January – which is good news for Xperia owners.
If the Ice Cream Sandwich update does get pushed out this early, let’s hope other manufacturers take notice and follow suit. This kind of attitude is what Android owners definitely want to see from the manufacturers of their devices.RELATED
- AT&T CEO Doesn't Believe They Can Keep Doing Huge Device Subsidies In The Future
- Nokia RM-964 With 5.2-inch Display Spotted
- Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- ASUS PadFone Set To Arrive Stateside
- Huawei Ascend P7 Tipped To Roll Out In April 2014
- Follow: Android, ice cream sandwich, sony ericsson, xperia arc,
- Seen at: phonearena