The recent floods in Thailand have caused production of some companies to be put on hold. These included hard drive manufacturers such as Western Digital, and even Sony had to delay the launch of their Sony NEX-7 camera. Well the good news is that if you were eyeing the NEX-7 and you have placed your pre-order well in advance, Sony USA has issued a statement that should make of you guys happy.
“Sony USA is happy to announce that limited quantities of the new NEX-7 camera will begin shipping to pre-order customers this month. Overall production capacity remains restrained as a result of the recent floods in Thailand, but we’ve made significant progress recovering our manufacturing capabilities and supply chain. We’re continuing to aggressively pursue all efforts to restore full production capability of the NEX-7 and other affected models.”
We’re not sure when you must place your pre-order in order to receive the “limited quantities” of Sony NEX-7 cameras available, so there might be a good chance that you will not see your order until at least January of 2012, so maybe it’s not a good idea to get your hopes up just yet.
Next Story: HP Folio 13 ultrabook now on sale
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2011-01-18: Sony MHS-FS3 3D Bloggie Touch Camera up for pre-order