If you’re planning to pick up a Tegra 3-powered tablet (i.e. the ASUS Transformer Prime) in the future, Splashtop Remote Desktop HD is an app you might want to pick up. Splashtop Inc. announced today that its desktop cross-device computing software, Splashtop Remote Desktop HD, has been optimized for NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor and is capable of delivering 60+ frames per second andsub-40 millisecond latency. While this doesn’t mean that much if you’re using Splashtop Remote Desktop HD to do things like edit documents, it makes a world of difference when it comes to gaming or watching HD videos.
With such high performance available via Splashtop Remote Desktop HD, will be a treat for folks who want to play PC/console-only games on their tablets. Who needs to play Minecraft Pocket Edition when you run the complete desktop version? Or maybe you’d prefer to play some Crysis 2 instead of SHADOWGUN?
The high performance version of Splashtop Remote Desktop HD will be available on all Tegra 3-powered tablets running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), such as the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime when it is updated to Android 4.0. Splashtop Remote Desktop HD is available now from the Android Market for $9.99 (regular price $19.99).RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: Android, NVIDIA, splashtop, Tablet, Tegra 3,