While Spotify is available for iOS devices at the moment, it lacks a dedicated app for the iPad. Well for those of you who wish that Spotify would release one, good news because Spotify has confirmed that a dedicated iPad app is in the works. The company didn’t announce any specific dates, except that it “isn’t too far away.” The iPad app is “a priority” to the company and is “absolutely in the pipeline.” So keep an eye out for it over the next few months or so.
In addition to the huge app announcement the company made recently, Spotify also mentioned that it might be creating its own hardware for users to enjoy the music streaming service on – just like how Amazon created the Kindle and Kindle Fire to enjoy Amazon content. Nothing has been confirmed so far but don’t be surprised if a Spotify-branded music player or tablet arrives in the future.
Next Story: Off the Hook shower head
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor
- ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad
- This music box prototype lets you crank out tunes on your iPad by hand
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- The AmpliTube Slash is endorsed by Slash with his own pedals and amplifier effects