Swype beta users are in for a treat. The developers of the popular Android keyboard have announced a new major update for it. The update features Dragon Dictation as a voice to text option instead of the default voice to text option from Android, and it adds support for an additional 50 languages. The latest version of the Swype beta also includes Advanced Language Modeling: a feature that is touted to increase prediction accuracy by 40% and will learn new words from your typing over time. However, Advanced Language Modeling is only available for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish for now.
To get the latest version of Swype, hit “Refresh” in the Swype Connect section of Swype Settings, or manually download it from the Swype website.
Next Story: Apple works on new flagship store
- 2014-01-10: Swype Makes Appearance On Smartwatch
- 2013-11-20: Robot Does 19 Languages, Could Be Blueprint For Future C3-PO
- 2013-11-06: Swype 1.6 For Android Brings Small Keyboards To Phablets
- 2013-09-24: Apple Patent Reveals Swype-like Keyboard For iOS Devices
- 2013-09-10: Dryft Hopes To Improve Typing Experience On Tablets
- 2013-06-02: New Swype For Android Update Improves Word Predictions
- 2013-04-28: Apple And Nuance Deliberating Bringing Swype Keyboard To iOS
- 2011-10-06: Swype purchased for $100 million by Nuance
- 2010-03-24: Nuance T9 Trace Looks Similar To Swype