For those who might have gotten their hands on the Huawei MediaPad, or the T-Mobile Springboard as it is better known in the states, it appears that thanks to a leaked screenshot, what we are looking at above is the tablet running on none other than Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The tablet was originally released with Android 3.2 Honeycomb on board and costs a relatively affordable $430 (this was before the Amazon Kindle Fire) with relatively decent hardware specifications to match. The update to Android 4.0.1 doesn’t really surprise us considering that a while back the company released a beta Android 4.0 update for the Honor handset.
No word when the update will arrive, but hopefully based on this screen shot the update should be closed to completion and should start making its way to owners of the Springboard/MediaPad soon.
[Image credit - CNMO]RELATED
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- Follow: android 4.0, Huawei, t-mobile,
- Seen at: thedroidguy