For those who might have gotten their hands on the Huawei MediaPad, or the T-Mobile Springboard as it is better known in the states, it appears that thanks to a leaked screenshot, what we are looking at above is the tablet running on none other than Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The tablet was originally released with Android 3.2 Honeycomb on board and costs a relatively affordable $430 (this was before the Amazon Kindle Fire) with relatively decent hardware specifications to match. The update to Android 4.0.1 doesn’t really surprise us considering that a while back the company released a beta Android 4.0 update for the Honor handset.
No word when the update will arrive, but hopefully based on this screen shot the update should be closed to completion and should start making its way to owners of the Springboard/MediaPad soon.
[Image credit - CNMO]
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-03-04: Huawei Prism II For T-Mobile Spotted
- 2012-07-10: T-Mobile and Huawei announces myTouch and the myTouch Q
- 2012-05-14: T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G Ice Cream Sandwich Update on May 16th, Amaze 4G to Follow
- 2012-05-03: T-Mobile announces Huawei Prism for $20 on contract, arriving at Best Buy 6th May
- 2012-05-01: T-Mobile to launch Huawei Prism come 6th May?