The quest for larger and better quality TVs go on, and HDTV is now so passe. There is a new kid on the block, but too bad it is too future forward since current TV signals that max out at Full HD resolution ain’t gonna be good enough to churn out adequate pixels for the new 4K resolution behemoth that we call the Toshiba Regza 55X3. Not only that, this particular puppy is said to offer glasses-free 3D viewing at such high resolutions, that no one out there is ready to step in and offer a service that is able to keep up with it. With 55″ of viewing real estate, we’re talking about Quad Full HD resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels, and the clever implementation of CEVO Engine processing as well as face tracking technology will allow you to adjust the display as required to make 3D appear all the time whenever you need it.
Other hardware options are definitely not lacking, such as a pair of 10-watt speakers, five HDMI ports, a couple of USB ports, and LED backlighting. To make sure that such a monstrous TV makes its mark, it has an equally huge price tag – we’re talking about a mid-December release in Japan for around $11,580 after conversion, while folks living in Europe will most probably get this puppy for 7,999 Euros. Ouch! No word on a US release date just yet.
Next Story: BlackBerry PlayBook rooted by Dingleberry again
- 2014-04-23 Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD Announced
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16 Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27 Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2011-07-21 Toshiba HDTV has power saving button
- 2011-06-20 Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan
- 2010-04-14 Toshiba Regza LED LCD TVs handle LAN recording
- 2010-10-04 Toshiba offers glasses-free 3D Regza TVs
- 2010-10-18 Toshiba REGZA IS04 for Japan will run on Android