If you needed a reason to get your hands on Nintendo’s Wii U, perhaps the idea of an MMORPG that can be played on the Wii U might start to help loosen up those pursestrings. It seems that there is some speculation that Ubisoft is cooking up a new MMORPG for Nintendo’s Wii U, although details of that remain a mystery for now.
The speculation seems to have started thanks to job ads posted by Ubisoft’s communications and networking specialist, Emile Gauthier on Twitter. This new job position was then linked to Ubisoft Quebec’s Facebook page that outs positions required for a Nintendo Wii U AAA game, although it was not directly specified that it would be an MMORPG (hence the speculation).
Some are questioning as to the nature of the MMO – would it be a cross platform MMO or would it be an MMO specifically designed for the Wii U? Also with numerous titles under Ubisoft’s belt, such as Assassin’s Creed, could they be making an MMO based on their existing titles or will it be a whole new game itself? What would you be more interested in seeing?
Next Story: iPad to be renamed in China?
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed
- 2014-02-27: Fable Creator Calls The Wii U Awkward And Clumsy