We know that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus probably isn’t for everyone. After all some users may prefer having a physical keyboard to type on, and one such upcoming device would be Verizon’s DROID 4, a device that supposedly was rumored to be launched around the same time as the Galaxy Nexus. Since we’re here talking about it, it looks as though the DROID 4 missed that rumored date, but that might be changing soon thanks to a recent update on droiddoes.com.
It seems that Verizon is prepping its website for the launch of the DROID 4 thanks to an image uncovered by Droid-Life. It can only be a good sign that Verizon is prepping their website as it might suggest that the device could be launched soon, although as to when exactly that is remains a mystery for now although word has it that December 22nd could be that date.
The uncovering has also confirmed several features of the DROID 4 that were speculated before, such as the front-facing HD camera, SmartActions app, edge-lit keys on the keyboard and 4G LTE connectivity. It sounds like it is shaping up to be a pretty decent device, so if QWERTY slider phones are right up your alley, you may want to mark down the 22nd of December on your calendars.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2013-03-11: Verizon Might Offer Droid 4 Some Jelly Bean Goodness
- 2012-05-21: Verizon to enable global roaming for the HTC Rezound, Droid RAZR and DROID 4?
- 2012-02-10: Motorola DROID 4 available today
- 2012-01-26: Leaked Verizon MAP reveals discounted DROID 4, Droid RAZR and Droid Bionic
- 2012-01-01: Motorola DROID 4 demo unit surfaces