Even though HP has decided to stop producing webOS devices, it looks like the company is still going to fully support the operating system (though for how long we can’t say). It has been reported that Pre 2 owners have started receiving a new webOS update from HP. The update brings the phone’s operating system up to webOS 2.2.4 and includes a number of upgrades as well.
It introduces Skype voice calling and messaging, MAP for Bluetooth (SMS) so you can share texts/calls with the TouchPad, Data at Rest Encryption, Addition of date/time in Messaging context menu and minor sync improvements for Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar and Contacts. The update is now rolling out to unlocked European GSM Pre 2 devices. No word on when it’ll hit US GSM and Verizon Pre 2 phones and the Sprint Pre 2 – but let’s hope the developer community will be able to do the job if the update doesn’t roll out in this side of the world.
- 2013-12-30: 'Cards' Interface Rumored For LG WebOS TV
- 2013-12-24: HP Smartphones Rumored To Be Making A Return
- 2013-12-19: LG WebOS TV Will Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-09-17: HP Blasts Rumors That It Is Making A Smartphone
- 2013-06-20: webOS Like Fate Predicted For Windows RT
- 2011-06-24: webOS 2.1 update now available for the Verizon Pre 2
- 2011-03-09: Palm Pre 2 owners receive webOS 2.1
- 2011-02-17: HP Pre 2 released today
- 2011-02-04: Verizon Palm Pre 2 has a release date
- 2010-11-18: Palm Pre 2 delivered by HP in the US