Even though HP has decided to stop producing webOS devices, it looks like the company is still going to fully support the operating system (though for how long we can’t say). It has been reported that Pre 2 owners have started receiving a new webOS update from HP. The update brings the phone’s operating system up to webOS 2.2.4 and includes a number of upgrades as well.
It introduces Skype voice calling and messaging, MAP for Bluetooth (SMS) so you can share texts/calls with the TouchPad, Data at Rest Encryption, Addition of date/time in Messaging context menu and minor sync improvements for Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar and Contacts. The update is now rolling out to unlocked European GSM Pre 2 devices. No word on when it’ll hit US GSM and Verizon Pre 2 phones and the Sprint Pre 2 – but let’s hope the developer community will be able to do the job if the update doesn’t roll out in this side of the world.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: HP, palm, palm pre 2, pre 2, webos,
- Seen at: precentral.net