With Microsoft’s Windows 8 platform expecting a release next year, no doubt the Redmond company will be releasing a beta soon. Thanks to leaked screenshots courtesy of Winunleaked, it does appear that Windows 8 is looking close to releasing a beta, which reportedly could be signed off on some time later this month before the year is out, which means that it should be publicly available some time in February 2012.
The leaked screenshots include screen grabs from the new InstallPrep, new themes, and the new Start page with the Metro UI design along with some apps from the Windows Store, such as Reader, Music, Video, Photos, etc (as pictured above). While we have yet to try it out for ourselves, aesthetically Windows 8 is shaping up to be pretty good. For the rest of the screenshots, head on down to Winunleaked.
Next Story: Giant pinball game projected onto building
- 2014-04-02: Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02: Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2014-04-01: Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft "Strongly" Encouraging OEMs To Bundle OneNote With Windows 8.1
- 2014-03-19: Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19: Microsoft Employee Responsible For Windows 8 Leaks Arrested