Yes, we do know that there will be plenty of partners who will work with Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Metro dashboard update, but here is one that might have just slipped the radar without anyone noticing it – I’m talking about the Xbox Companion app that will arrive this coming December 6th, and since it is free, I am quite sure there is no harm done in downloading and installing the app on your Windows Phone 7-powered hardware. Just what does the Xbox Companion app bring to the table? For starters, it will let you control content from popular entertainment services on Xbox LIVE.
Apart from that, other cool features to go alongside your Xbox 360 would be the ability to search the unified Xbox catalog for movies, TV shows, music, games and apps using the Windows phone – thanks to Bing technology, of course. Heck, you can even check out detailed unified results in a page across all content providers, not to mention view your recently played games and apps and browse the Zune video catalog. I think the girlfriend or wife would love this app, as you can no longer lie to her that you did not play any games prior to picking her up for your date, citing heavy traffic as an excuse instead.
Next Story: Syria bans iPhone use
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015