Last month we reported that Google has been testing a new user interface for YouTube with certain people around the world, and now it looks like the new UI is ready to go. The brand new look for YouTube has just been launched today and should be available for everyone now. The site features a new homepage and overall it carries a different feel to it now – more “Google-like” for lack of a better word.
Users now get customizable channels, a consistent gray background, bigger video thumbnails, a more streamlined watch page, and a cleaner look. YouTube has definitely lost its “amateur” feel that was present before the update and is a lot more polished now. I don’t know if everyone will agree with the new design, but I suppose it’s about time for a change anyway. YouTube hasn’t had a shake up this drastic in a while. Check it out at let us know what you think.
Next Story: Comic covers get animated to life
- 2014-04-15 Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-08 YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06 YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01 Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-03 Pakistan Could End YouTube Ban
- 2014-02-14 YouTube Promotes Top Tracks In Music Search
- 2014-02-10 New YouTube Web UI Tested
- 2014-02-06 Google Search Update Puts YouTube Videos Front And Center