Last month we reported that Google has been testing a new user interface for YouTube with certain people around the world, and now it looks like the new UI is ready to go. The brand new look for YouTube has just been launched today and should be available for everyone now. The site features a new homepage and overall it carries a different feel to it now – more “Google-like” for lack of a better word.
Users now get customizable channels, a consistent gray background, bigger video thumbnails, a more streamlined watch page, and a cleaner look. YouTube has definitely lost its “amateur” feel that was present before the update and is a lot more polished now. I don’t know if everyone will agree with the new design, but I suppose it’s about time for a change anyway. YouTube hasn’t had a shake up this drastic in a while. Check it out at let us know what you think.
Next Story: Comic covers get animated to life
- Teen's Facebook Update Cost Her Father $80,000
- U.S. Google Search Will Now Show Restaurant Menus In Results
- Copyright Protectors Targeting Billboard Top 100 Charts Downloaders With Automated Fines
- 146K Indiana University Students' Personal Data Exposed
- Paramount Wants Twitter To Remove Top Gun Movie Tweets