If you’ve enjoyed the various Mario releases that Nintendo has put out for the 3DS handheld gaming console, you will be pleased to hear that another Mario title is in the works. This is according to Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata who revealed that his company was working on many titles for the 3DS, one of which includes a “totally new 2D side-scrolling action Super Mario”.
This upcoming 2D side scroller is expected to be a key title for Nintendo’s 3DS. This is part of Nintendo’s plan to put out a steady stream of new games for the 3DS, and would ultimately help in keeping the Nintendo 3DS “active” for the full year. Unfortunately apart from the fact that it would be a 2D side scrolling Mario game, no further details were revealed. Hopefully this new incarnation of Mario will be similar to the classic Super Mario game, with updated graphics and gameplay features of course.
So far Nintendo has released other Mario titles for the Nintendo 3DS which included the Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, both of which managed to move 5.03 million and 4.54 million copies respectively.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2013-10-16: Nintendo Releases 27 New Super Mario 3D World Screenshots
- 2013-10-01: Super Mario 3D World Gets New Gameplay Trailer Highlighting New Powerups
- 2012-10-04: Nintendo's new 3DS XL colors and patterns are worth nerding-out over
- 2012-10-02: New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush DLC arrives in US on October 4th
- 2011-11-21: Nintendo announces 3DS bundles for Thanksgiving