[CES 2012] Altec Lansing has announced its latest LIVE 5000 Wi-Fi all-in-one speaker at CES this year, and it is rather strange that a company like Altec Lansing has but just one product to show. Well, I guess quality trumps quantity, so let us see what the LIVE 5000 Wi-Fi all-in-one speaker will bring to the table. First of all, it allows one to listen to and control cloud content, in addition to one’s own personal music libraries from a wide range of devices. Being flexible enough for use in any room of the house,the LIVE 5000 will connect to a consumer’s existing home Wi-Fi network, and can be controlled from iOS- and Android-powered devices in addition to desktop applications.
The main strength of the LIVE 5000 Wi-Fi speaker would be its multi-room, multi-platform operation, where its internal components do not disappoint at all. A tri-amp system keeps it thumping, while a couple of 3″ mid-range drivers that are made up of super strong Kevlar will deliver true vocals and mid-tones with minimal distortion. To top it all off, the neodymium soft-dome tweeters promise higher sensitivity without your ears suffering from fatigue, in addition to a smaller footprint. Want some hard knocking bass? Fret not, this is where the long-throw 4-inch subwoofer comes in handy. Expect the LIVE 5000 Wi-Fi speaker to hit the market sometime this summer for $499.95.
- 2013-01-08: Vizio 2013 Sound Bar
- 2013-01-06: Belkin Thunderstorm iPad Speaker Case
- 2013-01-06: Seagate Wireless Plus: HDD That Matches Your Tablet's Battery Life
- 2012-01-23: Top 5 CES Trends
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-12: Altec Lansing LIVE 5000 Wi-Fi all-in-one speaker
- 2011-11-15: Altec Lansing announces new Custom Series earphones
- 2011-09-16: Altec Lansing iMT630 iPhone/iPod speaker dock
- 2011-05-25: Altec Lansing ships MIX iMT810 digital boombox
- 2011-05-03: Altec Lansing Orbit USB Stereo now on sale