Planning to get a new graphics card for your new gaming desktop? AMD might just have what you need. The company today announced the worldwide availability of the AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics card for desktop computers. It is the second graphics card based on the 28nm process technology first introduced with the award-winning AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphics card. It is said to deliver over 2.8 TFLOPs of compute power when two of them are combined via CrossFire.
The AMD Radeon HD 7950 is designed for gamers or folks who need computers with tons of graphical processing power. It features an engine clock that goes up to speeds of 800MHz, 3GB of GDDR5 memory, 1250MHz Memory Clock (5.0 Gbps GDDR5), 240GB/s memory bandwidth, 2.87 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power, 717 GFLOPs Double Precision compute power, GCN Architecture, PCI Express 3.0 x 16 bus interface, DirectX 11-capable graphics, OpenGL 4.2 support, and Image quality enhancement technology.
It also supports AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology, AMD App acceleration, AMD HD3D technology, AMD CrossFire technology, integrated display support, Integrated HD Audio controller, AMD PowerPlay power management technology, AMD PowerTune technology and AMD Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software.
The AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics card is now available with select models starting at $449 SEP.
- 2013-09-25: AMD Radeon R9 And R7 Graphics Cards Revealed
- 2013-06-11: 5GHz AMD Chip Is First Commercially Available CPU
- 2013-06-05: AMD Now Adopts Android And Chrome OS
- 2013-05-23: AMD Exec Believes Hybrid Devices Are The Future
- 2013-05-15: Radeon HD 8970M Is AMD's Fastest Mobile GPU
- 2009-11-17: ATI announces Radeon HD 5970
- 2010-01-18: ATI Radeon HD 5450 rumored to be out next month
- 2010-02-04: AMD ATI Radeon HD5450 graphics card
- 2010-03-31: AMD ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card unveiled