[CES 2012] We were at Samsung’s press conference earlier today, and over there, Rovio announced that they will partner with Samsung to deliver Angry Birds for free, to Samsung Smart TVs later this year, in addition to keeping the little ones happy with animated Angry Birds shorts. This content will make Samsung’s Smart TV models to be the first TVs in this generation that are able to support the hit game without having to purchase an external set-top box.
“We are thrilled to announce for the first time with Samsung that our on-demand video animation channel featuring Angry Birds will be available on Samsung’s Smart TVs later in the year, and we will work closely with Samsung to deliver amazing new gameplay and video for Angry Birds fans everywhere. With the introduction of Angry Birds, Samsung is expanding its leadership in Smart TV with must-have games our consumers demand,” said Eric Anderson, vice president of content and product solution at Samsung Electronics America.
Next Story: SanDisk 128GB SDXC memory card
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2012-02-28: Angry Birds to launch with Samsung Galaxy Note
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-12: Samsung Smart Window
- 2012-01-11: Samsung Series 9 laptops announced
- 2012-01-09: CES 2012: Samsung Press Conference