[CES 2012] Audiovox knows that there is nothing more irritating at times when driving than to have a backseat driver, so to keep both parties happy, they have rolled out their new range of Seatback solutions that are part of the rear seat entertainment (RSE) line. Known as the Advent Seatback Solutions, they will integrate seamlessly into the vehicle and operate on select models from Lexus, Mercedes, Kia, Hyundai, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Volkswagen. Just what kind of features can you expect? For starters, there are dual 7” adjustable LED backlit monitors that feature a 16 x 9 aspect ratio and a slot load automotive-grade DVD player, while media ports comprise USB and RCA inputs. These are accompanied by a dual channel IR headphone transmitter, dual channel fold-flat IR wireless headphones, a headphone output jack, on screen display menu functions, and an integrated wireless FM transmitter and backlit control buttons for basic functions.
All of the above will ship with a full function wireless remote control, patented cables for quick installation, and a factory match warranty that varies by vehicle. The asking price? $1,549.99, which might sound like much at first, but think of the peace of mind that money can buy you. Pure bliss never looked (or sounded) much more affordable after putting things in perspective, aye?
Next Story: SpnKix in the flesh at CES 2012
- 2013-11-06: ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- 2013-01-08: Vizio 2013 Sound Bar
- 2013-01-06: Belkin Thunderstorm iPad Speaker Case
- 2013-01-06: Seagate Wireless Plus: HDD That Matches Your Tablet's Battery Life
- 2012-01-23: Top 5 CES Trends
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-12: Audiovox Seatback solutions to chase away boredom
- 2011-01-10: Audiovox brings Blu-ray to the road
- 2010-12-24: Satellite Radio in your car with Audiovox XM Snap!
- 2010-11-10: Audiovox ready to ship Blu-ray player for vehicles