[CES 2012] Qualcomm’s mirasol display has been announced quite a while ago but we have yet to see it in products this side of the world, however that may all change soon. Today Qualcomm MEMS Technologies and The Shanghai Nutshell have announced the first mirasol display e-reader: the Bambook Sunflower. In case you’re wondering about what’s so special about Qualcomm’s mirasol display – it was touted to be the next big thing for e-readers. The mirasol display was essentially a colored version of E-ink displays; more energy-efficient than traditional LCDs and can be viewed in direct sunlight.
The Bambook Sunflower e-reader features a 5.7″ (1024 x 768) display, a Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon S2 processor, and will run on a Bamboo customized version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The e-reader is up for pre-order now in China, and will ship in February 2012. Anybody keen on picking up a mirasol display e-reader, or is black & white E-ink good enough for you?
- Nokia Lumia 2520 Sleep Mode Bug Haunts Users
- Keep An Eye On 2014 World Cup With Official FIFA Apps
- Qualcomm, Nvidia And Broadcom To Produce 64-Bit Quadcore Processors Next Year [Report]
- Facebook Introduces Windows 8.1 App Update With Slew Of New Features
- Gigaset Dives Into The Tablet Market
- Follow: CES, ces 2012, e-reader, mirasol, qualcomm,