[CES 2012] Belkin has jumped into the Thunderbolt fray with their Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock at CES 2012, where it will allow Macbook and Ultrabook users to access multiple desktop peripherals in a jiffy using but a solitary cable. With the Thunderbolt Express Dock, you are able to hook up to multiple USB devices simultaneously, view movies in Full HD 1080p without missing a beat, take a fraction of the time required to shift volumes of data compared to USB 2.0, and even check out network content at gigabit Ethernet speeds.With the Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock, it will pave the way for an easy transition from a desktop workstation to unrestricted mobile productivity. The Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock’s main purpose of existence is to deliver a cleaner, faster and more productive workspace without sacrificing on connectivity when it comes to desktop devices and the Internet. After all, owning a MacBook Air or Ultrabook solves the portability issue, but to constantly plug in and unplug different cables for a bunch of peripherals can end up to be rather annoying, don’t you think so? Connectivity options include a trio of USB 2.0 ports, one Firewire 800 port, one HDMI port, one 3.5mm Audio port, one gigabit Ethernet port and two Thunderbolt ports. No word on pricing, but it ought to be released sometime during the summer.
- 2014-03-28: WD's My Passport Pro Is A Portable Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05: Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker Announced
- 2013-11-25: 4K Thunderbolt Displays Reportedly In The Works
- 2013-10-23: Belkin Announces iPad Air Compatible Keyboard Cases And Other Accessories
- 2013-06-04: Intel Thunderbolt 2 To Succeed The Thunderbolt
- 2013-04-30: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock Now Available For $299
- 2013-04-08: Apple To Reveal New Mac Pro Revamp This Month