[CES 2012] RIM’s long-awaited OS update for its debut tablet the BlackBerry PlayBook has finally been given a release date. According to an announcement from the company today, PlayBook OS 2.0 will be arriving in February 2012 – which means at most less than two months of waiting. The update which is touted to improve every aspect of the PlayBook will include the following features:
A new unified inbox, tabbed email, rich-text email composing and editing, and inbox management tools to give an advanced messaging experience; an innovative people-centric calendar and relationship-centric contacts app for deeper integration of social relationships; a remote control feature for your BlackBerry phone to control the PlayBook and the ability to open files on your BlackBerry phone on the PlayBook itself.
Documents To Go and Print To Go have also been updated with improved functionality, and the BlackBerry App World and Video Store will have access to more apps and video content. The web browser has also been updated with a “reading view” to make reading websites a more pleasant experience. Anybody excited about this new update or have you already given up on your PlayBook?
Next Story: Samsung WB850F Connected Camera
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-03-09: BlackBerry PlayBook used to control robotic car
- 2012-02-09: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 3.0 being tested?
- 2012-01-16: Dingleberry 3.0 BlackBerry PlayBook root released
- 2012-01-13: RIM QNX in Porsche concept
- 2011-01-08: BlackBerry PlayBook Video