I guess there are two ways of looking at this particularly interesting situation, where the same ROM can run on both the Droid RAZR MAXX and DROID RAZR. Either the superphone known as the Droid RAZR MAXX was designed in such a way that it is capable of running the extremely efficient ROM on the far older Droid RAZR, or the RAZR MAXX is still far from unlocking its potential until the right kind of ROM rolls around. The Android Source claims to this interesting fact, and you know what this means – an updated ROM for either model, in theory, should be able to be installed onto the other device without the need for any modifications.
Needless to say, there is no guarantee that this will just work on paper, as a certain level of risk is always involved, but some folks have already gone ahead to flash the Droid RAZR MAXX with a Droid RAZR ROM, and so far the world has continued to spin for them without coming to a crashing halt. Do you have the cojones to do the same if you happen to own the super long battery life Droid RAZR MAXX? Read our review of Motorola’s flagship phone to find out more about it.
Next Story: Windows 8 is stable on ARM processors
- 2013-03-07: Motorola Droid RAZR & Droid RAZR MAXX Receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-12-25: Droid RAZR And RAZR Maxx Get Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-06-22: Android 4.0 ICS for the Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX expected to roll out today
- 2012-06-19: Latest Android 4.0 build reportedly rolls out for Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX testers, final release could be imminent
- 2012-06-06: Rumor: Android 4.0.4 update headed for Droid RAZR on June 12th
- 2012-05-21: Motorola Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR MAXX to receive Android 4.0 by the end of Q2 2012
- 2012-04-19: Verizon rolling out Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX updates
- 2012-04-05: Android 4.0 update for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is a no-show