We’ve previously covered Facebook’s revamp to the Facebook profile page known as the Timeline, and while it’s been available for everyone as an opt-in feature over the past few months, it looks like the social network is now ready to push it to every Facebook user. According to an announcement on the official Facebook blog today, the Timeline update will be rolling out to everyone “Over the next few weeks”. This means everybody will have a fancy looking Facebook page chronicling their life from birth (if a user chooses to upload stuff from the past, that is) all the way to the present – regardless of whether they like it or not.
Reception to the Facebook Timeline has been pretty mixed, with fans of the previous layout not too excited about it, and people like me who welcomed the fresh new look to Facebook with open arms. What are your thoughts on the Facebook Timeline? Are you a fan of the new interface? For those of you who don’t want to wait around for the Timeline to roll out, head to the Facebook Timeline page and click “Get Timeline” to skip the waiting process.
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2013-04-14: Facebook Timeline Designer Nicholas Felton Leaves The Company
- 2013-03-01: Facebook Tests New Timeline Designs, 'Like Page' Button
- 2012-11-08: Facebook Just Made The Best Couples Scrapbook
- 2012-10-31: Facebook May Be Ditching The Two-Column Timeline Design
- 2012-08-14: Facebook has new "Expecting a Baby" Timeline event