[CES 2012] If you’re a golfer and you’re serious about your game, Garmin has got the device just for you. Called the Approach G6, this unique GPS unit will give you an overview of over 25,000 different golf courses all over the world. If you’re heading to a foreign country to play golf somewhere for the first time, this handy GPS device will ensure that you’ll never be surprised by an unexpected hazard or rough.
No it’s not going to improve your strokes, but it will definitely prepare you and give you the opportunity to work out your game before you even set foot on the course. If that isn’t enough, you can even use it while on the course to make sure that you won’t get lost getting from one hole to another.The Approach G6 features a 2.6″ sunlight readable display with large, bright, high-contrast graphics and numbering which doesn’t slow down the game. It even offers layup arcs drawn on the map and offer you at-a-glance references to 100, 150, 200 and 250 yards for layup decisions. The Approach G6′s internal rechargeable battery can also last for up to 15 hours which should be more than enough for one full day of golfing. The device can also be used to record stats which can then be easily exported to a computer. The Approach G6 will be available in February 2012 and will carry a suggested retail price of $299.99.
Next Story: Garmin Nuvi 3500 series GPS announced
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-01-07: Garmin Oregon shoots photographs and keeps you on the path
- 2013-01-07: Garmin 2013 Nuvi Range Announced
- 2013-01-07: Garmin Edge 810/510 Caters To Cyclists
- 2012-01-10: Google Maps helps you locate all the gadgets this CES
- 2012-01-09: Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS